Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Oatmeal Cookies

I am not sure where this one came from, but I thought the original measurements were off so I reworked them. 

Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour -- sifted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar -- firmly packed
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup raisins

Sift flour, salt, soda, and spices together, cream shortening, add sugars, and cream thoroughly. Beat in the eggs. Add sifted dry ingredients and blend well. Stir in oatmeal and raisins. Form into balls about the size of walnuts. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets, and flatten. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15
minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment