Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Krall Cranberry Salad

Krall Cranberry Salad
Denver Post Staff
11/21/2006

Cathy Kruzic of Denver submitted recipe from "my grandmother and mom that is served in my family EVERY Thanksgiving! Of course, it has those great Iowa roots and each year as I prepare it, I think of helping my mom grind up the cranberries in the hand-cranked meat grinder. Of course, Cuisinarts were still a pipe-dream then! And by the way every year, someone always asks for the recipe."

Grind 1 pound fresh cranberries
2 whole, unpeeled oranges

Add 2 cups sugar,
1 small can of crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Dissolve 2 pkgs raspberry jello in 1 pint hot water

Stir cranberry mixture into the dissolved jello. Top with pecan halves.

Refrigerate until set or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment