Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, June 1, 2012

My Grandmother's Floating Island Custard

My Grandmother's Floating Island Custard

Yield: 1 Cake

Ingredients and directions for this recipe

1 qt Sweet milk
2 Eggs, well beaten
1/4 c Sugar
1 tb Cornstarch
1 ts Vanilla

(My Grandmother was born in 1873 - this was HER mother's recipe!)

DIRECTIONS (As I recall watching her make it): Cook milk, eggs, sugar and cornstarch until thickened. Remove from heat, add vanilla. Cool and refrigerate.

NOTE: This custard is the consistency of gravy. Grandmother always kept this in a quart jar and it was always served with her homemade Angel Food Cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment