Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Sausage Bread Stuffing

Sausage Bread Stuffing (for 12-18 Lb. Turkey)

3 quarts bread cubes (to 4 quarts)
2 sticks butter or margarine
2 medium onions or 1 onion and a bunch of scallions -- including greens chopped
2 cloves minced garlic (to 4 cloves)
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 pound mild Italian sausage (3 links) -- remove from casing
salt and pepper to taste
2 teaspoons Poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon sage
1 cup broth from the cooked giblets

Remove sausage from casing, brown sausage and drain well, discard grease, set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet, add onions, garlic, celery, cook until soft, not browned. Transfer to a large pan (I used a Pasta Pan). Add bread cubs and seasonings. Heat, stirring constantly until bread cubes have absorbed butter. Add 1 cup of broth, save rest of broth for gravy. Add sausage and mix well.

Place in 1 or 2 buttered casseroles Cover with foil (Place in refrigerator until ready to bake.) Heat in 350 degree oven, 35-40 minutes until hot. Or stuff turkey lightly.

Shared for Jamie's 2000 Holiday Swap by Nancy Gipple
Brought to you by Grassroots Recipes Mastercook Collections and Jamie Rahm
http://www.grassroo/ tsrecipes. com
NOTES : This has been the traditional stuffing of my husband's family for years. To me, it is the BEST stuffing I've ever had. Of course, we are partial because my husband's family is Italian. My MIL has had Thanksgiving at her house for 17 years of our married life. I offered to take on the tradition because she is getting on in years. I cooked it for the first time 3 years ago, and it was a success. I was so proud of myself when I saw the look on my FIL's face when he tasted it. That is high praise for a first time job well done! I hope you will try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment