Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Beer Cheese

This is a recipe from the then Vice President of Rainier Brewery. It was first served in the hospitality room at the brewery! 1986 published

Beer Cheese

1 lb. med sharp cheese (4 c. grated)
1 tsp garlic salt (I would use 2 cloves smashed)
2 tsp. mined onion
1 tsp. dry mustard
dash Tabasco
1 tsp. Worcestershire
1 T. butter
8 oz beer When first published it was Rainier Beer


Grind or grate cheese.

Place all ingredients except beer in mixing bowl.

Gradually add beer and bear until smooth and fluffy.

Store in covered container in refrigerator.

serve at room tempter with crackers or dark break makes 1 quart.

This could go into the food processor and add all ingredients, then slowly add beer.

2 comments:

  1. I've been making this Rainier Beer cheese since the early 1970s. Have the recipe after a tour of the brewery probably about June 1970. It is my family's favorite and always included at Thanksgiving as an appetizer. The men in my family especially want me to make a double recipe so there's leftovers. It's great for the next few days if it lasts that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exactly the same as our story .
    After one of the last tours . My mom was able to get the rainier beer recipe it was added to her cookbook that was handed out to all of boys . And the same we all make it thanksgiving and Xmas . We all love it . Tip only the Rainier Beer works the best for taste .

    ReplyDelete