Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sweet Potato Casserole

Sweet Potato Casserole (doreen)

Recipe By :Shared for Jamie's 2000 Holiday Swap by Doreen

1 large can sweet potatoes (40 oz.?)
1 small can sweet potatoes (15 oz.?)
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand)
1 stick melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs -- beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter -- melted and cooled
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped pecans

Drain cans of sweet potatoes well. Mash or beat with electric mixer. Add milk, 1 stick of melted butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well and spread into a greased baking dish*. Mix topping ingredients (cooled butter, flour, brown sugar, coconut and nuts). Spread thin on top of sweet potato layer, making sure it touches the sides of baking dish. Bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

*Have always used 8x8 pan for this, but always have lots of topping left over--might want to experiment with a 9x13 pan, or make just half the topping--
doreen says: Were're not sweet potato fans, but my brother and mom absolutely love them, so tried to find something a little different for them to enjoy at thanksgiving and maybe for my kids to try--and boy, did this fit the bill! My brother (greedy one that he is!) asked me to make a separate pan this year, all for him to take home as leftovers--and yep, obedient (read: gullible) little sister that I am, I'm going to do it (sigh).

Brought to you by Grassroots Recipes Mastercook Collections and Jamie Rahm
http://www.grassrootsrecipes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment