Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Fudge

This is not MY grandma's fudge, but it is a good one.
MY GRANDMA'S FUDGE

4 Tbsp. Hershey's cocoa, rounded
2 c. sugar
1 c. milk
1 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. butter or margarine


Mix sugar and cocoa together in 2 quart saucepan. Add milk. Stir until blended. Cook on medium to high heat. Bring to rapid boil. Fudge will rise to top of pan. After this, turn heat down to medium. Cook on medium heat about 10 minutes. Drop small amount in bowl of cold water. Test to see if fudge can be picked up and molded into soft ball. When you have achieved this, place pan in cold water. Allow to cool. Add vanilla and butter. Do not stir fudge during cooking and cooling. After cooling, beat until shine changes to dull sheen. Pour onto buttered plate. (Add nuts just before pouring onto plate.)

My mom taught me to make this fudge when I was 12 years old. And it is her mother's recipe and probably her mother's recipe. I hope it turns out for you. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment