Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

CROCKPOT POT LUCK CASSEROLE

This is not my recipe but it looks good.  I would not add the pasta or sour cream like it says it the directions though.  I would make the sauce in the crockpot, then mix in the sour cream and cooked pasta at the end.  Do it your way, the recipe's way, or my way, this is just my two cents worth.

CROCKPOT POT LUCK CASSEROLE

8 oz. penne pasta
2 pounds lean ground beef
2 cups coarsely chopped onion
3 cups chunky spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups sour cream
4 cups (16 oz) Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Cook pasta as pkg. directs. Drain and rinse with cold water. Brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. In sprayed slow cooker, layer with half the pasta, meat, sour cream and cheese.

Repeat layers, ending with the cheese.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 4 1/2 hours to heat through.
Serves 8 to 10

No comments:

Post a Comment