Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Simple Salisbury Steak

I made this yesterday, it was very good.  Since we have a large family I made some changes to the original, and this is what I came up with.

Simple Salisbury Steak


* 1 large can cream of mushroom soup, divided
* 3 lb. ground beef
* 3/4C dry bread crumbs
* 2 eggs, beaten
*  1 med size onion finely chopped
* 1 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms

In bowl, mix thoroughly 3/4 cup of the soup, beef, bread crumbs, egg and onion. Shape firmly into  patties. In skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties, a few at a time until browned on both sides. 

Spoon off fat. Stir in remaining soup and mushrooms; return patties to skillet. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until done, turning patties occasionally.

I baked ours in the oven, and used some of the drippings to make pan gravy, which I mixed the extra soup and mushrooms into, and serve on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment