Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

OAMC A French Toast Morning

A French Toast Morning

Most days breakfast is pretty low key around here, with oatmeal or cereal on the menu. But sometimes variety is called for, and the kids often request french toast. While I love french toast as much as the next person, I’m lazy efficient and often make it in a casserole form. Think french toast marries bread pudding and has a baby.
It’s EASY and fast to put together and cooks up while we get dressed and do our morning routine, which I love. I think I’m just in the stage of life where staying close to the stove to flip soggy bread is not practical and I imagine leaving the kitchen to discover my Oddles have pulled an entire package of baby wipes out of the container, one lovely wipe at a time–or that a marker masterpiece has been drawn on the cursed WHITE carpet.
Not that it would ever happen or anything. {Ahem.}
Shall we get to that recipe?
Ingredients: bread, eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla
  1. 8 pieces of bread. Stale is good. Half a loaf of last night’s leftover french bread is good too. Tear it up into bite size pieces. (Better yet, give the kids this job!)
  2. Beat up 6 eggs, a cup of milk, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and 2 tsp. vanilla.
  3. Place bread chunks in a greased baking dish. Pour egg mixture over  bread and let soak in.
  4. Bake at 375F for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown and set.
  5. Serve with syrup, jam, or fresh fruit and whipped cream, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment