Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

OAMC Italian Sausage Risotto Recipe

Italian Sausage Risotto Recipe

img_1145 I was recently looking for ways to use some sausage I had frozen in the freezer. I went searching the web for recipe inspiration and realized I had never in my life made a risotto recipe. Hmm. So I explored some different recipes, combined a few and came up with recipe.
This creamy risotto is a perfect chilly fall dinner. The blend of cheeses, sausage and rice make it a meal that won’t wane in several hours. On first look I wasn’t too excited about it. However, it ended up being very tasty and my husband especially loved it.

Author/Source:

Tricia @ Onceamonthmom.com

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 16 ounces Italian Sausage links (like Johnsohnville), sliced
  • 1 cup apple juice
  • 1 cup onion, diced
  • 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1.25 cups rice
  • 1 cup Chardonnay or dry white wine (can also sub apple juice)
  • 3.5 cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup peas, frozen
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup Romano Cheese, grated

Directions:

In a large saucepan, cook the sausage in apple juice. When finished cooking, remove from pan and slice. Heat oil in a large stockpot,  add sliced sausage and onion, cooking until browned and softened, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and thyme, cook for one minute longer. Add wine and rice and stir until the liquid is absorbed. Stir in 3 cups of the chicken broth. Lower the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until broth is absorbed. Add the rest of the chicken broth slowly, stirring until rice is cooked and creamy. Stir in peas and cheeses; cook until heated through. Serve.

Freezing Directions:

Follow all directions above. Allow to cool. Package in freezer containers. To serve: Thaw. Slowly warm on stove top, in slow cooker or in microwave. You may need to add a little chicken broth to bring it back to it’s creamy texture.

Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment