Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, August 22, 2013

OAMC Ham and Pineapple Melts


Ham and Pineapple Melts

Ham and Pineapple Melt

I have had this recipe for ham and pineapple melts bookmarked ever since I found it on A Year From Oak Cottage about a year ago and I have just been waiting for the opportunity to make them. Armed with my ham leftovers I finally got the chance and it was certainly worth the wait! Ham and pineapple is a classic flavour combination and one that I particularly enjoy. How could you possibly go wrong with smothering it with some melted sharp cheddar cheese? Lets not stop there though, when we can add some sweet and spicy honey dijon mustard and top it all off with a splash of Worcestershire sauce! These are so good! With the sweet, spicy, tangy, salty, warm, melted and gooey they have a magical combination of flavours and textures. I have already made them several times and they are quickly depleting my supply of leftover ham. I made them with whole wheat english muffins and they go great for any of breakfast, lunch or dinner or even as a snack.

Ham and Pineapple Melts

(makes 2 servings)Printable Recipe

Ingredients:
2 whole wheat english muffins (cut in half and lightly toasted)
4 teaspoons honey dijon mustard
4 slices ham
4 slices pineapple
4 slices cheddar cheese
4 small splashes Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
1. Spread the mustard on the english muffin and top with the ham, pineapple, cheese and top with a small splash of Worcestershire sauce.
2. Broil until the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment