Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

OAMC- Explanation

OAMC for those of you that don't know is Once A Month Cooking or as I like to think of it, making more than one meal at a time.  I usually only post these recipes during the holidays, which is when I generally think of folks as being super busy.  Recently, I realized that I am REALLY busy right now.  We have two daughters graduating in May, so there are all the senior events, and proms, and college visits.  We have one son playing baseball, one daughter playing soccer, and another son playing T-Ball on a team that my husband and I coach.  As if that wasn't enough, I got a call asking if I would be willing to serve as the president of the local high school band boosters, so I am busy right this time of the year.  

That is where OAMC comes in.  With OAMC you do all your shopping one day, all your cooking one day, and have all your meals in the freezer ready to go when you need them.  I know I know, it sounds very daunting, but the beauty of OAMC is that you can go at your own pace.  I personally have never cooked for the whole month in one go.  I usually will just put back a few meal at a time.  For instance if I am cooking hamburger meat for tonight's meal, I may make some extra and throw it in some spaghetti sauce to freeze, or mix up some meatloaf to freeze.  You can do that or you can pick one of the other recipes I will be sharing over the next week or so.  I will also be sharing tips and tricks to make cooking more than one meal at a time easier.
















No comments:

Post a Comment