Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

OAMC- Chicken Broccoli Casserole

Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe

img_0388 I have just been waiting for the day when my husband would confess to broccoli being a tolerable vegetable. We dated for three years and have been married for nearly 4 years, so I have been waiting for quite awhile. Why was I waiting for him to like broccoli? For this recipe alone. I love it. Have always loved it. Would love to make it often. But alas, it has broccoli.
Then it happened. The moment I had been waiting for. One night at dinner I had served Isaac broccoli and all of a sudden my husband looked at me and declared that he liked broccoli. The skies opened up the sun shone. . . .okay, okay, I am getting carried away now. He did declare that he liked broccoli though despite his attempts to disdain it for so long.
img_0393 So I dusted off this recipe and went to work. And the verdict from the newly converted broccoli eater? He LOVED it. He kept going on and on about how great it was. And I went on and on about how he had missed out on it for the last 6.5 years. (As only a good wife would do.)
Since this meal contains a vegetable, a protein and a grain I usually just serve a nice salad with it. It is absolutely delicious though. And it looks beautiful too! It is great to take to a large gathering or just to serve for an easy dinner. And PERFECT for when refrigerated biscuits go on sale at the grocery store.

Author/Source:

Tricia @ Onceamonthmom.com

Ingredients:

  • 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
  • .25 cups onion, diced
  • .25 cups mayonnaise
  • 1.5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon curry
  • 2 cups chicken, cooked & diced
  • 1 cup cooked broccoli, drained & chopped
  • .5 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 8 ounces refrigerated biscuits
Topping
  • .25 cups sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon celery salt
  • .5 teaspooons salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a deep dish 8×8 pan combine chicken, broccoli, soup, onion, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and curry. Mix well. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Separate biscuits and each in half (see pictures). Arrange biscuit halves around edge of hot casserole, cut side down (see pictures). Place topping over biscuits. Bake at 375 degrees for an additional 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Freezing Directions:

In a deep dish 8×8 pan combine chicken, broccoli, soup, onion, salad dressing, Worcestershire sauce and curry. Mix well. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top. (DO NOT BAKE as you do above.) Separate biscuits and each in half (see pictures). Arrange biscuit halves around edge of casserole, cut side down (see pictures). Place topping over biscuits. Cover and freeze. To serve: Do NOT thaw. Bake covered with foil at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 20 minutes or until biscuits are cooked and golden brown.

Servings: 4-6

No comments:

Post a Comment