Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, March 28, 2014

OAMC-Chicken Salsa Chili

 This came from an interesting blog.   Go visit!

Chicken Salsa Chili

Chicken Salsa Chili
1 (16 oz)  jar thick and chunky salsa
1 (15 oz) can yellow hominy or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can chicken broth
2 cups cooked chicken
1 (4 oz) can green chilies
1 T chili powder
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 c snipped fresh cilantro
2 T lime juice
Mix it all together in a large dutch oven, bring to boiling, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Just before serving stir in cilantro and lime juice. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, and red onion, if desired.

We LOVED this. Jared raved about it and is excited to take the leftovers to work for lunch tomorrow. I guess the kids and I will be stuck eating tuna again. LOL. But anyway, I used garbanzo beans and red kidney beans, and shredded chicken. I only had medium salsa so I decided to use half the jar and skip the crushed red pepper. I was glad I did because it was pretty spicy as it was. I added the cilantro and lime at the end right before serving, and it was awesome. They added a freshness to the dish. We squeezed additional lime juice over the top and ate the chili with tortilla chips. Yum. I can’t wait to make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment