Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ham with a Twist

Ham with a Twist
A great 'to do' with leftover Easter ham.

My DIL, Rachel made lunch yesterday for us and, it was fabulous. She used a recipe from Woman's Day, April issue and here it is. Very delicious.

1 lb pizza dough ( the recipe calls for store bought bread dough, but she makes her own with my whole wheat pizza dough recipe I gave her years ago from southbeach which worked wonderfully)
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
1/2 lb thinly sliced ham
1/4 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
1/2 small onion thinly sliced into rings

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll the pizza dough into a large circle and spread with the mustard. Cut the dough into 8 triangles.

Divide the ham, cheese and onions among the triangles. (Rachel sauteed the onion a little first. The recipe does not call for it, but she isn't a fan of crunchy onion and it was very good)
Divide the ham, and cheese among the triangles and then start rolling at the wide end, (like crescent roll dough)roll the dough around the filling (some filling will stick out, it's supposed to).
Transfer the rolls to the prepared baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve with a salad (which she did, and some fresh strawberries) A very healthy lunch.

These were very delicious. I will make them at home on occasion now that I have the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment