Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Banana Bread

I have been baking breads for my Christmas baskets so I thought I would send on the recipes to you all. These are all TNT ("tried 'n true") recipes....so if you are getting into the baking mode, you can have some new recipes to try! These are all yummy! I will try to post them all today instead of one day at a time....just because "Christmas is coming soon"!! hugs,  peg

Banana Bread

½ cup softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 very ripe bananas)
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.

Cream butter and sugar together. Add one egg at a time and beat until smooth. Blend in the mashed bananas.

In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nuts.

Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture until well blended.

Grease (or use baking spray) one regular size loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans. Add batter and bake for 1 hour for the larger loaf or 35 minutes for the smaller loaves. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes then remove from pans and let cool on wire rack.

Recipe source: A thru Z crafts and recipes yahoo group, submitted by Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment