Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, July 27, 2012

POTATO SALAD WITH A TWIST


POTATO SALAD WITH A TWIST



5 large potatoes, skinned, boiled until fork tender & diced into bite size chunks

5 hard boiled eggs, diced

1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced finely

1/2 cup of sliced black olives, drained

1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

1/4 cup dill pickle juice

2 tsp of red wine vinegar

1/2 3/4 cup of regular (tastes better) or low fat mayonnaise

1 tsp celery salt

1 tsp dried mustard

Salt and pepper to taste

Paprika (sprinkled on top for garnish)



Just like my mom, I boil my large potatoes with the skin on. Once they are fork tender I let them cool and simply peel off the skin. I then dice into bite size chunks. Combine the remaining ingredients (except paprika) in a large bowl & mix thoroughly. Taste and re-season if needed. Put into a serving bowl & sprinkle with paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment