Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Amish Sugar Pie

Amish Sugar Pie
Submitted by: MOMMYRUST

My mom made this for me and I loved it. It isn't super healthy, so I do apologize, but it will cure your sweet tooth very quickly!! The serving size is 1/8 of a pie. I usually only eat 1/2 of a serving and it does the same trick!
70 Minutes to Prepare and Cook

Ingredients

1 frozen pie crust, ready to bake
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 c whipping cream
2 tsp cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine brown sugar, flour, and salt in a small bow and mix well. Pour sugar mixture evenly into pie crust.

2. Pour whipping cream evenly over brown sugar mixture; do not stir.

3. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over cream. Bake pie until filling bubbles in center, approx. 50-60 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Chill pie until filling is set; approx. 1 hr.
Number of Servings: 8

Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOMMYRUST.
Number of Servings: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment