Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Apricot Dump Cake

Apricot Dump Cake

1 can apricot pie filling
2 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons powdered sugar

Directions
Beat eggs with electric or hand beater.
Add all other ingredients except pie filling then stir until well blended.
Add pie filling and stir carefully then pour into well greased rectangular baking pan.
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
Sprinkle top with powdered sugar.

Note: I can not find apricot pie filling so I make my own.
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch or quick-cooking tapioca
3 1/2 cups drained, cooked or canned apricots
1/2 cup apricot juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter

No comments:

Post a Comment