Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cubanelle and Black Bean Pork Chili

Cubanelle and Black Bean Pork Chili
Ingredients:

2 1/2-3 lb pork tenderloin, cubed
30 oz diced tomatoes, drained
15 oz canned black beans, drained
5 cloves garlic, sliced
2 (large) cubanelle peppers, diced
1 onion, diced
1 shallot, minced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 teaspoon hot Mexican style chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cocoa
1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle
1/2 teaspoon ground jalapeno
1/2 teaspoon oregano

Directions:  Heat oil in a nonstick pan. Saute the pork until just browned. Add to a 4 quart slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients. Stir. Cook on low 8 hours. Stir prior to serving. I like to sprinkle it with a bit of sharp cheddar and diced onions when I serve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment