Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Crustless Apple Pie

My Mom tried this last evening and sent it to us girls (all 4 of us!!) She said it was delicious, and as my mom is a great cook/baker, I feel confident in sharing this with you!! I hope to try it later this week.

Crustless Apple Pie

3 Baking Apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Sugar

Preheat oven to 350 - lightly grease 9" pie plate; fill 2/3 with sliced apples (do not over fill or it will overflow). Sprinkle apples the apples with the 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp. sugar

1 C Sugar
3/4 C Butter, melted
1/2 C Walnuts or Pecans (chopped)
1 C Flour
1 Egg lightly beaten
1 pinch of salt

In medium bowl, mix 1 C sugar and melted butter, stir in the nuts, flour, egg and salt. Mix well and spread over apples. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Serve with warm with ice cream. It's outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment