Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pork Chop Casserole


Hi--
Here is another memory! My mom used to make this quite often...It is a nice memory of her for me. She got it from a Palm Beach cookbook.... she was giving it to someone, but copied this recipe out of it first!
hugs,peg

Pork Chop Casserole

4 pork chops, trimmed of fat
6 TBSP long grain rice (uncooked)
2 green peppers, sliced in rings
2 medium onions, sliced
2 tomatoes, quartered
1-1/2 to 2 cups chicken broth
pinch of thyme

Brown chops in skillet. Place rice in the bottom of a 2 qt. casserole dish. On top of the rice place the pork chops, then the pepper slices, onion slices and the quartered tomatoes. Heat broth to boiling in the pan the pork chops were browned in. Pour this over the ingredients in the casserole dish leaving some to add during baking.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Recipe source: From my mom, Nan Nevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment