Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

MY MOM’S SAUERKRAUT BALLS

MY MOM’S SAUERKRAUT BALLS

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Two pounds of sage pork sausage, (cooked, browned, drained, and then broken in to small pieces)
12 ounces of cream cheese, (softened)
1 tablespoon milk
one egg, (beaten)         
one large can or bag of sauerkraut, (drained and then cut into small pieces with kitchen scissors)
Bread crumbs.

While the sausage is still warm, add the cream cheese.  Mix well, (I use my hands.)  

Then, add the milk and the beaten egg.  Add the sauerkraut.  Mix well.  . 

Use just enough bread crumbs to be able to form small balls.

Place the balls in a large glass dish or ungreased cookie sheet. 

Bake at 325 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment