Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

OAMC- Islander Pork Roast

Islander Pork Roast

Serves: 4-5

1 1/2 lb. boneless pork loin roast
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/2 to 1 whole orange, cut into 8 wedges
1/2 c. crushed pineapple, w/juice
2 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 t. pepper
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. water

Rub pork loin with ground cloves; place in crock pot. Arrange orange wedges around pork. (If cooking in 4-5 hours, use the whole orange. If cooking in 8 hours, use only half of orange.) In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; pour over pork. Cook on high for 4-5 hours (or low for 8 hours) until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. In the last 30 minutes, mix together cornstarch and water and stir into pineapple mixture to thicken sauce. Remove orange peel and serve.

Click here to see if there are any coupons available to go with this recipe!

Tips: This was an easy recipe to get together in the crock pot and then just let it cook and serve with rice. I try to buy pork loin when it is on sale in a value pack, then I ask the meat counter to cut it into 4-5 pieces that my family will use for several meals. I happened to have fresh pineapple on hand so I just pureed it and used that instead of having to buy a can of pineapple.

No comments:

Post a Comment