Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Spring Conserve

Spring Conserve
This is a Blue Book recipe

1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple
1 1/2 cups crushed strawberries
1 1/4 cups diced rhubarb
1 package powdered pectin
1 TBSP grated lemon peel
2 TBSP chopped candied ginger
2 TBSP lemon juice
6 cups sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup golden raisins

Combine pineapple, berries, rhubarb, powdered pectin, lemon peel and lemon juice in large sauce pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Add sugar, stirring until sugar dissolves. Return to a rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in raisins and nuts. Ladle the hot conserve into hot prepared jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Remove air bubbles, adjust two piece lids and process 15 minutes in boiling water caner.

I found some rhubarb. Been looking for some since I used my frozen supply.I want to make a gentleman a pie that comes into work all the time who's wife passed on two years ago. He was commenting about how much he loved the pie. A woman at church still had quite a bit of rhubarb, so she gave me some. I decided to make Bobby a pie and use the remainder to make us some conserve for Easter. The remainder I will can. This is really good with Easter ham, thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment