Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sweet Chicken Curry (Crockpot)

Sweet Chicken Curry (Crockpot)
Yield: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large green or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large onion, sliced
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup prepared mango chutney
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
Hot cooked rice

Preparation:
Slow Cooker Directions
1. Place chicken, bell pepper and onion in slow cooker. Top with tomato.
2. Mix chutney, water, cornstarch and curry powder in small bowl. Pour over
chicken.
3.Cover; cook on LOW 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
Serve over rice.

Recipe source: All Crockpot One Dish Delicacies Recipes yahoo group, submitted by angel kisses


PEG’S NOTE:


I made my own mango chutney….

Here is the link to the recipe I used. I only made half of the recipe because I didn’t know how it would turn out, but it turned out great!

Mango Chutney:

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/homemade_mango_chutney/

We had this for dinner tonight and it was soooo good! I made my own mango chutney (I posted the link for that recipe at the end). A little tiny jar of mango chutney was so expensive that I decided to make my own.....it probably didn't save me any money but it made more and I just had fun making it!! ....but it was so worth it!

Enjoy!

hugs,peg
__._,_.___

No comments:

Post a Comment