Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Grandmother's Brisket


My Grandmother's Brisket

Yield: 1 Servings

Ingredients and directions for this recipe

Oil (I use olive but basic Wesson oil good, too)

4 lb Piece first-cut brisket (I think any piece is fine), cut in 2-3sections to fit in your pot if necessary

6 lg Onions roughly chopped

2 Stalks Celery; roughly chopped (up to 3)

Salt; pepper & paprika to taste

Potatoes cut in approx 2"cubes (or whatever you like)


Heat the oil till quite hot but not smoking. Sear all sides brisket (in batches if necessary) till browned. Remove meat. Add half of the onions and celery to pot, stir once or twice & sprinkle with seasoning. Return meat;  add remaining onions and celery sprinkle with seasoning. Cover pot, turn to med-low and simmer 3-4 hours. Stir halfway through so onions/celery on top moved to bottom and onions/celery from bottom moved to top. And check from time to time to ensure onions aren't burning and sticking to bottom of pot. Add potatoes for last 30 minutes.
It's ready when the meat is easily torn apart with 2 forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment