Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Monday, June 20, 2011

SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER

SOUTHERN PEACH COBBLER


Ingredients

1 large can Del Monte sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
2 to 1/2 tablespoons stick margarine or butter

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 to 400 degrees depending on oven.

Whisk the self-rising flour, sugar and milk until blended, mixture will be runny.

Melt butter or margarine in 8 x 8 x 2" pan (optional - or spray pan with Pam, or like product).

Pour peaches and syrup in pan, pour 'topping' mixture over peaches and juice in sort of a zigzag-zag pattern (it will spread somewhat during baking)

Bake for 35 - 45 minutes I sprinkle the top with a couple pinches of sugar when I take it out of the oven.
(I've never had it run over. Although it looks like it will, don't reduce the juice as this will make cobbler dry.)

Variation: Use with other fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment