Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Spoonbread

Spoonbread

1 1/2 Cups boiling water
1 Cup cornmeal
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
3 eggs, separated
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda

Heat oven to 375*F. Grease 2-quart casserole. In large bowl, stir boiling water into cornmeal; to prevent lumping, continue stirring until mixture is cool. Blend in butter and egg yolks. Stir in buttermilk, salt, sugar, baking powder and soda.

Beat egg whites just until soft peaks form; fold into batter. Pour into casserole. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Serve hot with butter. I like to eat this with real maple syrup (OK, I'm drooling now).

No comments:

Post a Comment