Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Low Fat Low Calorie Blueberry Scones

Low Fat Low Calorie Blueberry Scones

I used to think nothing of buying a blueberry scone to go with my morning coffee until I realized that my morning's indulgence contained more than 450 calories and an unhealthy dose of fat. I also realized that I didn't need to eat a whole wedge, which lay like a stone in my stomach. So here's a much lighter blueberry scone, which is smaller but just as tantalizing.

> These scones are drop scones rather than wedges, which makes them the perfect size for a morning or afternoon treat.

> These are best served warm.
> Cook Time: 14 minutes


> Ingredients:

> 1 cup all-purpose flour
> 1 cup whole-wheat flour
> 1/3 cup sugar
> 2 tsp baking powder
> 1/2 tsp baking soda
> 1/4 tsp salt
> 4 tbsp cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
> 1 egg lightly beaten
> 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
> 1 tsp vanilla
> 1 cup blueberries


> Preparation:

> Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

> Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.

> Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.

> Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until it resembles a coarse crumbs.

> Add egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Stir with a fork until a dough forms.

> Fold in blueberries. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.

> Bake for 12-14 minutes

> Yield 24 small scones
> Per Scone: Calories 76, Calories from Fat 21, Total Fat 2.4g (sat 1.3g),

> Cholesterol 14mg, Sodium 92mg, Carbohydrate 11.9g, Fiber 0.9g, Protein 1.

>

> Helen Whitehead,
> C N D List Moderator

No comments:

Post a Comment