Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Apple and Plum Crunch

Apple and Plum Crunch
this recipe is gluten free

4 apples
4 plums stoned and quartered
1 orange squeezed juice
1 lemon squeezed juice and zest
75 grams sultanas (raisins) (I used 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice (I used cinnamon)
50 grams mixed nuts (I used 1/3 to 1/2 cup)

Preheat oven to 375. Peel apples, cut into quarters and remove core. Slice thinly. Place apple slices in a bowl and add plums, orange juice, lemon zest and juice, sultanas and mixed spice. Toss well together then tip into an oven proof dish.

Roughly chop nuts and sprinkle over top. Bake for 30-35 minutes until the apples are tender and the topping is pale golden brown. Serve warm or cold with 0% fat Greek yogurt or fromage frais.

No comments:

Post a Comment