Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bacon Tuna Melt Panini

Bacon Tuna Melt Panini

These are excellent. I will not use the tomatoes on mine because I am not fond of hot tomatoes. I used some homemade bread and sliced it a little thick. I brushed outsides with melted butter for crispness. I used a George Foreman Grill for mine.
Recipe By : paninihappy.com
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time:
Categories : Sandwiches

1 can (6-ounce) albacore tuna in water, drained
1/2 rib celery, minced
1 tablespoons mayonnaise, plus more for spreading on bread
Salt and pepper to taste
4 slices country-style bread
4 slices fully cooked bacon
1 tomato, sliced thinly
2 slices slices mozzarella cheese (cheddar or -- Swiss would also be nice)

Preheat the panini grill to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine albacore, celery, mayonnaise salt and pepper to make tuna salad. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Assemble each sandwich with bacon, tuna salad, tomatoes and cheese between two slices of bread.

Grill panini for 6-7 minutes (if you're using sliced bread, you might want to brush a little melted butter or olive oil on the outside for extra crispness and flavor) until the cheese is melted and bread is toasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment