Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

ORANGE SPLASH SWISS CHARD SALAD

I served this along with the orange-cinnamon chicken....lots of orange going on! This was really yummy. I couldn't find any Swiss chard so I used fresh spinach...delicious! I will definitely try this again when Swiss chard is in season and available. enjoy hugs, peg

ORANGE SPLASH SWISS CHARD SALAD
Makes 6 servings of Swiss chard.

1 orange, zested, juiced
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp each Dijon mustard and chopped garlic
1/4 cup each dried cranberries, shredded carrots, sliced onions and chopped walnuts
8 oz rainbow Swiss chard, trimmed, sliced
2 pears, cored, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese

IN BOWL, whisk together 1/4 cup orange juice, 1 tsp orange zest, oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. In bowl, toss 1/2 dressing with Swiss chard, cranberries, carrots, onions and walnuts.

ARRANGE pears on platter. Top with salad and cheese. SERVE with remaining dressing...

Recipe source: Mom’s Menu Plan yahoo group, submitted by Russie.

PEG’S NOTE: I couldn’t find any Swiss chard so I used fresh spinach instead. I will definitely try this again when Swiss chard is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment