Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Easy Chinese Chicken Salad

Easy Chinese Chicken Salad

3 1 10oz can chicken meat shredded
2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1/2 head lettuce chopped coleslaw style
2 green onions or red onion sliced

Dressing--

2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 tablespoons Chinese vinegar; (rice vinegar)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Accent; (MSG)
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Mix up dressing and pour over the salad. Add 1 package uncooked, crushed Ramen noodles (save spice packet for anything else) before serving.

I like lots of dressing on my salad so I double or triple the dressing recipe and serve it on the side. The extra dressing can then be added to some salad dressing or mayonaise , add some extra spices and used for pasta and ham salad. I can prepare both meals in one night. The pasta sald is that much better after it sits a day or two melding the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment