Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bacon Wild Rice Bake Recipe

Bacon Wild Rice Bake Recipe

This casserole is very special to me. I found the recipe when visiting a friend in Canada, and now my daughter send me wild rice from Wisconsin. Ilike to serve this with Cornish game hens.

12-14 Servings
Prep: 20 min.
Bake: 30 min.


Ingredients
2 cups uncooked wild rice
2 small green peppers, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
1 teaspoon salt
4 to 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled


Directions
In a large saucepan, cook wild rice according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute green peppers and onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and salt; heat through. Stir into wild rice; add bacon.

Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.

Yield: 12-14 servings.

Bacon Wild Rice Bake published in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p79 Beth Layman :)

No comments:

Post a Comment