Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, July 20, 2012

MOTHER'S BEST PUMPKIN PIE


MOTHER'S BEST PUMPKIN PIE



One recipe I never change is my mother's pumpkin pie. When she made it the milk was delivered in bottles with cream on the top. She always removed the cream, so now I just use 3 cups milk in this recipe for two 10-inch pies.



2 (10-inch) pie shells

1 large can pumpkin

3 large eggs

3 c. milk

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. nutmeg

1 c. sugar (granulated) (sometimes I use 1/2 brown sugar)

1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp. cinnamon

whipped cream

Put the pumpkin and spices in a heavy kettle and bring

to a boil (it sort of bubbles up). Remove and stir in the eggs

one at a time, beating thoroughly. Add the milk. Pour into

unbaked pie shells and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes and turn

down heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45 more minutes or until knife

comes out clean. This is very much like custard. Top with

whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment