Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Uncle Denny's Golden Pork Chops


Uncle Denny's Golden Pork Chops
 From my Aunt Maggie's collection.
Dated 1921. These are a mainstay at my house.



4 pork chops, 1 inch thick
2 cooking applies sliced
2 cups apple cider
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Combine the flour, salt, pepper, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Roll pork
chops in this mixture and brown the chops. When chops are brown,
turn down heat, add flour mixture for the gravy, top chops with
sliced apples and add the apple cider until the chops are covered.

Simmer until tender, approximately 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment