Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pudding / Pie Filling

Pudding / Pie Filling

1/4 c Corn Starch
1/3 c Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Egg (opt)
1 tsp Vanilla
2 Tbsp Butter
2 C Milk
1/2 c Cocoa

In a pan combine corn starch, sugar, salt and Cocoa. Blend. Stir in milk, add butter. Heat over medium heat. Pour some of the hot mixture into the egg, then pour the egg into the pan, add Vanilla. Stir constantly. Pour into bowls or molds. or into a baked pie shell. Cover with plastic to prevent a skin. Chill.

This is the recipe my mom made for years and years....I love chocolate pudding pie....it's one of those things that just says it's a holiday to me.. You an leave out the cocoa and double the vanilla for vanilla pudding. The egg is ok, but we usually don't put it in... you can substitute equal for the sugar, but I don't know how much you would use.

No comments:

Post a Comment