Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Layered Chicken Salad

This salad is fabulous!!

I made a few changes....I didn't use the packaged chicken breast strips....I made my own. I marinated a couple of chicken breasts in Italian dressing for a couple of hours and then broiled the chicken (you could also cook them on the grill). Then I just cut them in slices to put on the salad...


This recipe is a real keeper! and would be beautiful to serve for a luncheon...I didn't bother to layer it in a glass bowl because I just made it for hubby and me...so i just put on plates...still beautiful
hugs, peg

Summer Layered Chicken Salad

Salad:

7 cups torn romaine lettuce (from 1 head)
2 pkgs. Frozen fully cooked chicken breast strips (not breaded), thawed.
1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 4 ounces)
1 cup pecan halves (or coarsely chopped)
1 quart fresh strawberries, quartered (3 cups)

Dressing:

1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
2 TBSP sugar
1/ 2 tsp. salt
3 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, finely minced

Directions:

1. In a deep 3-qt. salad bowl, place half of the lettuce. Layer with chicken, cheese, pecans,, remaining lettuce and strawberries.

2. In a small jar or glass measuring cup, mix dressing ingredients with wire whisk until well blended. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad.

Recipe source: http://www.bettycrocker.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment