Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Cream-Style Corn Recipe

Cream-Style Corn Recipe

I was raised on a farm in this small rural community. Although I'm not living on a farm at present, I'm still a country girl at heart! When I shared some fresh corn with a neighbor, she shared this recipe with me...I've found it's the best way to retain the corn's crisp sweet flavor after freezing.

16 Servings
 Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 1-1/2 hours

Ingredients
 18 cups fresh corn, divided
 2 cups milk
 1 tablespoon pickling salt
 1/2 cup butter, cubed
 1/3 cup sugar

Directions
 In a food processor, process half of the corn until creamy. Combine
with remaining ingredients in a large baking pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
Yield: 2 quarts.

No comments:

Post a Comment