Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Special Creamed Corn


Special Creamed Corn
 Serves: 6-8
 Source: Reminisce

WE rarely have the same main dish at Christmas each year, since I really enjoy trying new recipes. This corn, however, has a permanent place on our table. My whole family loves it, but my son, especially, would be so disappointed if I forgot to include this with our holiday meal. -Deb Hauptmann, Mohnton, Pennsylvania

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Dash white pepper
 5 cups frozen corn thawed
 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions:

In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cream, milk, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn; heat through.

Transfer to an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. broiler-proof dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.

Yield: 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment