Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Asian Vegetables with Kidney & Edamame Beans

Asian Vegetables with Kidney & Edamame Beans

Makes about 12 cups


DRESSING

2 tablespoons wet mustard (my mother used dry mustard)

1 tablespoon flour (my mother's recipe didn't use this but it helps thicken the dressing a bit)

2/3 cup water

1 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup sugar (1/4 cup is half what Mom's and Mary's recipes called for, it suited my taste perfectly)


VEGETABLES

32 ounces frozen vegetables, cooked - I used half Asian vegetables, half edamame beans

15 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained

1 onion, diced

1 bell pepper, diced

8 ribs celery, diced

Optional: Canned artichokes, canned hearts of palm, etc. (I loved these added in)



SAUCE In a saucepan, whisk mustard and flour. Slowly whisk in water, whisking to keep smooth. Whisk in vinegar and sugar, stirring well til sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and let simmer a minute or two.


VEGETABLES While the sauce cooks, cook the frozen vegetables, then drain. Chop the remaining vegetables. Combine the cooked vegetables, the chopped vegetables and the beans. Toss well with the cooked sauce. Transfer to storage container and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment