Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Monday, April 16, 2012

My Favorite Easy Salad


My Favorite Easy Salad


First time I had this salad was mid summer. The fruit used in it was all seasonal. Since then I have made it many times and always get asked for the recipe! It is just so easy, you will have it memorized in no time! TNT


First layer

This is a tossed vegetable salad.

Anything you like or have that makes up a tossed salad. Rip, slice, dice, chop or cut the pieces bite size.

Here are ideas.

celery radishes cabbage red or green or both broccoli zucchini sprouts onions green, red, white, or yellow turnips peppers: red, green, yellow, orange cucumbers jicama green or yellow beans carrots corn just blanched and cut off the cob or eat it raw-it is so sweet that way, tomatoes: cherry or grape lettuce of any kind, red leaf is wonderful for color

In other words whatever you like in your tossed green salad or have on hand,will work!


Second layer

This is a fruit salad. Cut up the fruit, layer it on of the green-salad, yes on top of the greens. The dressing will go on top of it all. It gets tossed as it is served. I do not recommend bananas as they turn color so fast.

Seasonal fruit melons apples any kind tangerines pears oranges pineapple strawberries plums peaches grapes all colors all tropical fruits Kiwi star fruit all berries at the last minute so they don't crush


Dressing

Lighthouse Coleslaw dressing! I have tried others but always return to this brand. Key is Coleslaw dressing.

Pour a healthy serving around the edges and over the fruit. 

As I make this salad for picnics and big dinners, I use the whole jar in my very large salad bowl. For smaller salads of course use a nice serving.

The dressing will coat all items as the salad is served. This salad does not keep well. I have kept it over night, but that is pushing it!  The flavors mix well each time. You are only limited by your imagination!

No comments:

Post a Comment