Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Beer Marinated Beef Short Ribs

Beer Marinated Beef Short Ribs

* 3 lbs. bone-in beef ribs
* Salt and pepper
* Olive oil
* Fresh jalapenos
* Vidalia Onions
* Beer of your choice. Every beer will change the taste and qualities of the short ribs I used a very light Mexican lager.

* Heat oven to 350 degrees
* Rub ribs gerneously with salt and pepper.
* Chop jalapenos
* Place ribs in a roasting pan with the jalapenoes and then fill with beer.
* Cover tightly with foil and place in oven for 2-3 hours. The longer you leave the ribs in the oven, the more tender they will become.  At 3+ hours they will be litterally falling off the bone.

Serve the ribs with the starch of your choice, I used yellow rice but a japanese sweet potato would serve just as well. Also a side of spinich to finish it off.

The secret to this recipe is time. The longer the ribs cook the more tender they become. A trick I've learned is to lower the over to about 275 after an hour and just go about my buisness. I did this once and went to the gym, by the time I got back the meat literally fell apart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment