Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Honey Candy Bites

Honey Candy Bites
~my mom used to make these for holidays and I love to make them every so often as a weekend treat.~
½ c butter 2 tbsp milk
1 c flour 1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt 1 ½ c flaked coconut
3/4c honey 2 c rice crispies or corn flakes(crushed slightly)

In a large pan melt butter over low heat, add flour, salt, honey, and milk.
Cook over medium heat stirring constantly till dough leaves pan edge and follows spoon.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 1c coconut, Cool, add cereal.
Shape into balls and roll in ½ c coconut.

NOTE:For Easter, she would shape like little nests and add 1 small candy coated chocolate egg or jelly bean. Also can dye coconut for different holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment