Notes

I think the notes people include in their recipes make them more personal. If I write a note myself about a recipe, it will always be written in purple.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Grandma's Salsa

My Grandma's Salsa
Yield: 1 Servings

Ingredients and directions for this recipe

4 cn (16-oz) diced tomatoes; fresh are better
1/4 c Cooking oil
Lots garlic (figure out your own taste - Grandma always used too much)
4 md Onions
1 Bunch cilantro
1/2 ts Salt
6 Anaheim chiles; roasted & diced

I get a big bowl throw it all together take half of it and put about 6 more chiles in another bowl (this makes this portion hotter) :-) Now I have some hot and some medium. I put it in freezer containers freeze it and it lasts for a while.

The real key to this recipe is the chiles. If you can roast them just before, peel them and then put them in the salsa they taste better. One other thing I usually let the salsa sit around for about a half day to let it ferment

No comments:

Post a Comment